Each morning at the Centre our members join in with activities and games. These vary from playing cards to board games such as 'Rummikubs' and 'Scrabble' whilst enjoying a hot drink and biscuits. We also hold morning sessions of Mind Song, Music and Movement, craft and discussion groups. At noon a two course lunch is served. The members then relax with magazines, puzzles, books, puzzle books or members can bring in something from home such as their knitting or crochet. This is then followed by simple chair exercises to help keep everyone active and moving. Each afternoon at the Centre varies and we aim to offer a variety of activities for our members to participate in, including sing-a-longs, reminiscence, team games and outings.
The activities taking place this month are listed below for you to browse through.
- Monday 4th - Scrabble with Phyllis. Aromatherapy with Claire. A morning of card games and group discussions themed around Shrove Tuesday. Seated exercises. An afternoon of pancake tossing competitions and tasting!
- Wednesday 6th - Spring themed craft with Rene. A morning of bowls. Seated exercises. An afternoon with Kate O'Keefe from Gloucestershire Archives. Kate will be taking us down memory lane with some old images of Gloucestershire.
- Thursday 7th - We celebrate International Women's Day with a morning of discussion groups focussed on influencial women. Seated exercises. A group game of darts in the afternoon.
- Monday 11th - Scrabble with Phyllis. A giant game of snakes and ladders. Seated exercises. An afternoon of bowls.
- Wednesday 13th - Spring themed craft with Rene. A morning of cards and board games. Seated exercises. A sporting memories session in the afternoon.
- Thursday 14th - Aromatherapy with Claire. A morning of bingo. Seated exercises. We bring the Gold Cup to the Day Centre with an afternoon showing of the races!
- Monday 18th - Scrabble with Phyllis. Aromatherapy with Claire. Mindsong with Jackie Hill. Seated exercises. A group poetry writing session in the afternoon.
- Wednesday 20th - Craft with Rene. Reading group. A lively music and movement session to get the day started. Seated exercises. An afternoon of the beetle game.
- Thursday 21st - A relaxing morning of cards and board games. Seated exercises. An afternoon of family fortunes.
- Monday 25th - Scrabble with Phyllis. Aromatherapy with Claire. A group game of curling to get the morning started. Seated exercises. A game of stacttegories in the afternoon to get our brains working.
- Wednesday 27th - Craft with Rene. A lively mindsong session to start the day, and themed discussion groups. Seated exercises. A tea dance! Bring your dancing shoes!
- Thursday 28th - A giant game of hoopla in the morning. Seated exercises. An afternoon of cards and board games.