Each morning at the Day Centre our members join in with activities and games. These vary from playing cards to board games such as 'Rummikubs' and 'Scrabble' whilst enjoying a hot drink and biscuits. We also hold morning sessions of Mind Song, Music and Movement, craft and discussion groups. At noon a two course lunch is served. The members then relax with magazines, puzzles, books, puzzle books or members can bring in something from home such as their knitting or crochet. This is then followed by simple chair exercises to help keep everyone active and moving. Each afternoon at the Day Centre varies and we aim to offer a variety of activities for our members to participate in, including sing-a-longs, remenisence, team games and outings.
The activities taking place this month are listed below for you to browse through.
- Monday 3rd - A morning of Christmas themed word games, chair exercises and a festive quiz in the afternoon
- Wednesday 5th - A morning of Christmas crafts with Rene for the whole group. Chair exercises. A musical visit from the Isbourne Valley Singers
- Thursday 6th - Aromatherapy with Claire. Carols and a nativity play from Winchcombe Playgroup. Chair exercises. An afternoon of the Beatle game
- Monday 10th - A morning of Christmas bingo. Chair exercises. A visit from our friends in the Winchcombe Choir
- Wednesday 12th - Christmas flower arranging with Jackie and Celia. Chair exercises. An afternoon of musical entertainment from our good friend Don
- Thursday 13th - A morning of Christmas crafts for the whole group. Chair exercises. A musical visit from the Evergreen Band
- Monday 17th - We travel to Lapland for a festive themed Arm Chair Travel. Chair exercises. A Christmas themed sensory game in the afternoon
- Wednesday 19th - A special Christmas themed Mindsong. Chair exercises. A group game of hangman in the afternoon
- Thursday 20th - Christmas party!!! With entertainment from the wonderful Betsy Harmony!
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM EVERYONE AT WINCHCOMBE DAY CARE CENTRE!